Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish.
1. Read 12 books for the #2016ClassicsChallenge - I still feel bad that I was so far away from my goal for the #2015ClassicsChallenge, hosted by Stacey, one of my best friends. However this year the challenge is back and bigger and better than ever, with 300+ people signed up and great things happening (including live chats! Don't miss #ChatClassics on Sunday at 8pm GMT) so I DEFINITELY want to complete it this time around.
2. Get better at Instagram - I'm trying to run an Instagram account for Teens On Moon Lane, the site I run for fab bookshop Tales On Moon Lane, and having so much fun doing it! When I briefly tried before I struggled but hadn't really got into the community aspect, now I'm more aware of hashtags and I'm commenting on people's photos and getting into interesting discussions I'm loving it.
3. Get better at Tumblr - As above, trying to run Tumblr for Teens on Moon Lane too. This is, so far, less successful, but I'm aiming to improve later in the year!
4. Run monthly #CountdownML chats for Teens on Moon Lane - Following last year's successful trial of #CountdownYA chats, I've switched the hashtag to tie into Teens on Moon Lane and am aiming, with help from Chelley, to run one every month. The first, which she hosted, was a huge success, and there are so many incredible books out this year that I'm sure the others will be as well.
5. Read more shorts - I love short stories and there are lots of brilliant ones available free/cheap online, as well as some intriguing anthologies. I definitely want to read and post about more this year. (I'm ESPECIALLY looking forward to Egmont's historical anthology Mystery & Mayhem, featuring Katherine Woodfine, Robin Stevens, Susie Day, Frances Hardinge and lots of other brilliant authors!)
6. Try to read in the morning - I tend to waste so much time in the morning not doing anything especially useful. I want to try and use the 20 minute or so bus ride to read as often as possible.
7. Keep records - Debbie gets upset with me when I don't have a clue what I've read/got, so I'm making a real effort to be better at keeping track. I'm using xCrini's amazing spreadsheet and it's REALLY helping me!
8. Help with Bookish Peeps - I'm thrilled by the relaunch of Bookish Peeps and can't wait to see votes for the Book of 2015 vote! I want to help Jesse make the forum into a really brilliant place for YA/MG fans.
9. Start books more often, give up on them sooner - I have a HUGE TBR pile for various reasons, mainly because I can't resist super-cheap stuff, and I'm trying to clear space. I'm getting much better at giving up on books I'm not enjoying, but I also want to actually try and start books soon after getting them - that way if I don't like them I can pass them on to someone else (at least when I can find other people with space!)
10. Stop getting so stressed - Most importantly, though, I want to go back to enjoying blogging more than I did at various points last year. I will forever be grateful to blogging for introducing me to so many incredible people, but there were times when it felt like a chore. With my new laidback approach (which weirdly is resulting in MORE frequent posts!) it doesn't feel that way for the moment, and I'm really hoping it stays that way. This, for me, is the key one - all of the others are things I'd like to do, this is the one I feel I NEED to try to do.
Do you have any new year's resolutions? Share them with me in the comments, or link to your post!
Jackpot is about a teenage girl, Rico, who lives just above the poverty line and works as a gas store clerk to help her mother earn enoug...
Top Ten Tuesday is a meme hosted by The Artsy Reader Girl - huge thanks to her for hosting. Stella by Helen Eve - One part Gossip ...
Huge thanks to Hachette Children's for NetGalley approval for this! April accidentally sets fire to a museum and ends up living a...