Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish
I love the current spate of detective stories coming out, particularly in MG - here are ten books and series that would be perfect for fans of Sherlock!
1. The Sesame Seade trilogy, written by Clementine Beauvais and illustrated by Sarah Horne - one of my very favourite MG series because they're so much fun to read! Love the heroine and the illustrations are gorgeous.
2. Murder Most Unladylike by Robin Stevens - 1930's, boarding school, mystery? All my favourite things in one book!
3. Storm and Stone by Joss Stirling - Excellent plot and characters whom I really warmed to as the novel progressed, combined with a strong romance.
4. Laura Marlin Mysteries by Lauren St John - Fabulous locations and a fantastic heroine make this a great quartet.
5. The Glass Bird Girl by Esme Kerr - Cleverly-plotted mystery with a great heroine and an interesting array of secretive suspects. I think this could be a brilliant series!
6. Half Moon Investigations by Eoin Colfer - I love this clever, witty mystery, and Fletcher Moon is fabulous.
7. Harper Madigan: Junior High Private Eye by Chelsea M Campbell - This Junior High 'film noir' is a really fun read, with some fantastic world-building as Campbell has a blast creating a corrupt school where the PTA are the villains and Madigan is a maverick investigator who reports not to a long-suffering boss, but to the Vice Principal.
8. Five Find-Outers series by Enid Blyton - For my money, better than either the Famous Five OR the Secret Seven!
9. Three Investigators series by Robert Arthur - I loved the junkyard they used as HQ, and the mysteries here were always cleverly plotted! Stuttering Parrot is a real favourite of mine.
10. Bernie Rhodenbarr series by Lawrence Block - A rare adult rec from me here, but Bernie's comic capers are utterly outstanding.