Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish.
1. Update more regularly - I flaked out a tiny bit towards the end of last year. I'm aiming for at least 6 updates a week, spread between YAYeahYeah.com, YAContemporary.com and YoungAdultTV.com - fingers crossed I can make it!
2. Keep a list of books I read! - Having done this pretty religiously for half of last year, I somehow managed to convince myself typing titles into my iPod was too much effort. Not this year.
3. Read at least 200 books.
4. Run an interview at YA Yeah Yeah or a guest post at YA Contemporary every week - this is slightly dependent on having authors (or other bloggers!) who are generous enough to answer questions or write posts. Incredibly, though, there were lots last year, which was great, so I'm hoping to make them a pretty regular feature in 2013. (If you're interested in taking part, e-mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org or comment below!)
5. Read more adult fiction. (General adult, not '50 Shades' etc!)
6. Read more short stories.
7. Comment on other blogs more! - Again, this is something I convince myself I don't have time to do, which is rubbish because it takes all of 20 seconds to type something telling someone you enjoyed their review/article. (Unless they have word verification on, in which case "Gah!" and "Blargh!" and other exclamations.)
8. Read more debut novels.
9. Work on the 'look' of the blogs. I've just subscribed to the premium version of PicMonkey (AMAZING!) and am trying my hand at some basic graphics. I don't think I'll ever be a master artist, or anything, but am hoping I can brighten things up a bit.
10. Remember that, at the end of the day, they're just blogs - As much as I love doing them, sometimes I can feel myself getting stressed out about them. I'm aiming to achieve the top 9 goals - but the important one for me is that I realise there's nothing wrong with adjusting them/not completing them if things don't work out the way I planned.
What are your book-related goals for the year ahead?
You have some great goals. Good luck with achieving them.ReplyDelete
Great goals. I am quite fond of #5. There has to be a better way to distinguish between YA and non-YA. "Adult Fiction" totally sounds pervy! I tend to get my adult fix through audiobooks. I am aiming for 200 books as well. http://wp.me/pzUn5-1lMReplyDelete
Thanks for stopping by my blog!ReplyDelete
6 updates a week and 200 books are HUGE goals! I'm way impressed! And I laughed about the comment verification thingy because I feel exactly the same way!
Lauren @ Hughes Reviews
Reading more adult fiction and more short stories are also resolutions on my list - and I've seen 'read more adult fiction' on a LOT of posts today. Seems like we're all turning in the same direction, eh? Thanks for sharing!ReplyDelete
Ooh, I love that last goal. Always important to keep that in mind! Good luck with these :)ReplyDelete
I'm with you on most of these - I also really want to start getting around to commenting on blogs more often again. Simply saying I don't have the time is just no longer cutting it for me - I need to make time. End of story. I definitely want to read more adult fiction this year too.ReplyDelete
Great goals! I am in the same boat on slacking on blogs sometimes - but I'm trying to remedy that! And, right there with you too on commenting! I know I like comments, so I'm trying to comment more! Good luck on your goals!ReplyDelete