Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish.
1. Dreaming of Amelia by Jaclyn Moriarty - I seem to put this in most of my top tens, but really, why wouldn't you? I've raved many times about Moriarty's totally unique writing style, and this is near perfect.
2. Eight Keys by Suzanne LaFleur - Beyond lovely. One of the sweetest books I've ever read.
3. The Sky Is Everywhere by Jandy Nelson - A few hours to read, the rest of the day to recover and to try and stop crying!
4. Before I Die by Jenny Downham - As above!
5. The Great Gatsby by F Scott Fitzgerald - Either my favourite novel of all-time, or incredibly close to it, depending on what mood I'm in. One of the shortest of the classics, this tale of the dark side of the American dream begs to be read again, and again, and again.
6. Fables: Legends in Exile (volume 1) - Having rediscovered my graphic novel collection a week or two ago, I'm trying to work out why I put it away in the first place. This is a wonderful introduction to Willingham's fascinating fairy-tale update.
7. For The Record by Ellie Irving - Too lovely, and sweet, to put down before you get to the end!
8. The Last Seal by Richard Denning - Brilliant historical fantasy with strong characters. Again, you won't want to stop reading once you've picked it up.
9. Three Men in a Boat by Jerome K Jerome - Short, punchy, and incredibly easy to read despite being over a century old. One of the funniest books ever written.
10. Department 19: The Rising by Will Hill - Yes, it's 700 or so pages. So what? I read this in well under 24 hours because I picked it up in the evening, fought off sleep for hours to get as far as I could, and woke uo the next morning to immediately return to it and find out what happened next in this incredibly gripping read.
First blog post for some time, and there's a fair chance this will get super-rambly. I basically have a LOT of thoughts about reviews, c...
Jackpot is about a teenage girl, Rico, who lives just above the poverty line and works as a gas store clerk to help her mother earn enoug...
Top Ten Tuesday is a meme hosted by The Artsy Reader Girl - huge thanks to her for hosting. Stella by Helen Eve - One part Gossip ...