Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish.
Top 2 are there because they broke my heart several times over, leaving me in floods of tears for the closing chapters of each. Rest are in alphabetical order by author's surname.
1. Before I Die by Jenny Downham - This has me close to tears for the first half and in absolute floods for the last half.
2. The Sky Is Everywhere by Jandy Nelson - Colossally heartbreaking.
3. A Tangle of Magicks by Stephanie Burgis - For one scene in particular, which made me well up. Kat is another amazing character!
4. Torn by Cat Clarke - I found one chapter in particular, about the way a friendship can change, to be incredibly sad.
5. Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins - THAT ending. Which I still don't like, but it was definitely heart-breaking.
6. When I Was Joe by Keren David - THAT scene in Claire's bedroom. I could barely read it, it was so emotional.
7. The Great Gatsby by F Scott Fitzgerald - Gotta get this one in even though it's an adult book. Short but certainly not sweet, this is a gorgeously written but devastating portrait of the American Dream gone bad.
8. If I Stay by Gayle Forman - For Mia, and for her grandfather, one of my favourite ever minor characters.
9. Amy and Roger's Epic Detour by Morgan Matson - Because Amy is such a wonderful character and I felt so sorry for her.
10. Black Heart Blue by Louisa Reid - This one isn't out for a bit but have read an ARC - will avoid anything like a spoiler, but you'll need a heart of stone not to be moved here!
First blog post for some time, and there's a fair chance this will get super-rambly. I basically have a LOT of thoughts about reviews, c...
I'm delighted to welcome my wife, the wonderful Eldritch Soda (I tried to get her to change her name to Eldritch Dean, but no luck, sadl...
I love the ingenuity of author Sophie Kirtley in today's Indie Advent post, a 10 step countdown of fabulous reasons to shop at Salisbury...