Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish.
Since there was no way I could narrow down all the songs I liked that would fit books to just 10, I decided to focus on the Shine series of compilations. For those of you who weren't around in the late 90s, they were a superb series of compilation albums featuring the very best of Britpop and other similar music.
1. What Do You Want From Me - Monaco for Infinity - Sherrilyn Kenyon. The ultra-fast paced rock of Peter Hook, New Order bassist's, side project is perfect for the crazy - but very entertaining first book in the Chronicles of Nick series.
2. The Universal - Blur for The Reposession - Sam Hawksmoor. "No one here is alone, satellites in every home." I always had a love/hate relationship with Blur's music, but at their best they were amazing - and this was one of the very best. The sci-fi tinged lyrics fit perfectly with Hawksmoor's debut.
3. Staying Out For The Summer - Dodgy for Indigo Blues - Danielle Joseph. SOFTS has always been a summer anthem for me, and Indigo Blues is a perfect beach read. A great pairing.
4. Female of The Species - Space for Caster Chronicles - Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl. Perfect as a theme song for Sarafine, who's most definitely more deadly than the male!
5. Might Be Stars - Wannadies for Guitar Girl - Sarra Manning. Marriage of a great song about setting out for rock stardom and a great book about setting out for rock stardom just has to happen.
6. Lovefool - Cardigans for Evernight - Claudia Gray. One of the best of the numerous paranormal spins on the tale of 2 lovers who should be at odds with each other definitely fits in well with the theme to the movie of the play that kicked that trope off, Romeo and Juliet.
7. Tubthumping - Chumbawumba for Clash - Colin Mulhern. This song, with its message of never giving in, fits cage-fighter Alex brilliantly.
8. Farewell To Twilight - Symposium for Torn - Cat Clarke. An underrated gem, Symposium's fabulous song with its "everything is over now" refrain definitely captures Alice's turmoil in this brilliant novel.
9. Bankrobber - Audioweb for Heist Society - Ally Carter. "Daddy was a bank robber" - (okay, "Daddy was a con man and art thief" probably fits better, but this is close enough.)
10. Ten Storey Love Song - Stone Roses for Skin Deep - Laura Jarratt. - One of the best ever love songs for my new favourite YA romance.
First blog post for some time, and there's a fair chance this will get super-rambly. I basically have a LOT of thoughts about reviews, c...
Jackpot is about a teenage girl, Rico, who lives just above the poverty line and works as a gas store clerk to help her mother earn enoug...
Top Ten Tuesday is a meme hosted by The Artsy Reader Girl - huge thanks to her for hosting. Stella by Helen Eve - One part Gossip ...