Firstly - happy new year, everyone!
Secondly, decided to make some resolutions to help me improve my blogging. I figure if I actually make them public, I'm (slightly) more likely to stick with them, so here goes...
1. Post at least 3 times a week. I’m aiming for a minimum of a Tuesday Top Ten, a Waiting on Wednesday, and one review – either a new one or a ‘Spotlight’ at the weekend – every week. That has to be doable, doesn’t it?
2. Review at least three quarters of the YA books I read. There are books I read last year which I really liked, but didn’t get round to writing a review for. I wish I had, because in a couple of cases there doesn’t seem to have been much talk about them and it would be great to help some awesome authors get the recognition they deserve.
3. Get more interviews – I had a fabulous period earlier in the year then kind of tailed of. Aiming for one a month, I think.
4. Read more blogs. I keep deciding I’m too busy to read blogs then waste hours doing something else – how dumb is that? Of course, when I do read them, I really enjoy them, so I should definitely do it more often.
5. Comment more often on blogs. I love receiving comments so the fact that I’ve read goodness knows how many fabulous reviews without always taking the time to leave a comment thanking the blogger is stupid. Must try harder!
6. Read library books more quickly. I’m developing an insanely stupid habit of getting out a library book, not getting round to reading it, renewing it, leaving it another few weeks, and finally trying it after about six weeks only to put it down within a couple of chapters because I don’t like it. I’m going to try and take less out, and read them more promptly, so I’m not keeping them off the shelves.
7. Buy more Kindle books and less iPod apps. I love reading Kindle books on my iPod, but get distracted far too easily by stuff like W.E.L.D.E.R. – (DON’T try it if you get addicted to games!) I’m going to try and limit my game playing time and spend more time reading, especially given the insane amount of books I currently have unread on the Kindle app, and the amount of crazily cheap ones you can pick up if you time it right.
8. Update my interviews and reviews archives EVERY time I publish anything instead of leaving it for months. So easy and quick to do, and I’m always too lazy to do it.
9. Run a giveaway - I've spent all year wanting to run one, but being afraid I'll mess it up! (If anyone has done them and has any advice to give, please leave a comment - thanks!)
If anyone wants to share theirs, leave a comment! Here's to a healthy, happy, and fruitful 2012 for everyone.
First blog post for some time, and there's a fair chance this will get super-rambly. I basically have a LOT of thoughts about reviews, c...
Jackpot is about a teenage girl, Rico, who lives just above the poverty line and works as a gas store clerk to help her mother earn enoug...
So, that blogging comeback was all going so well, and then... (If my hair wasn't a complete mess having not been cut for months, this...