1. Make it through to the end of 2011 - I have a notoriously short attention span but I'm determined to actually keep this blog going.
2. Update at least 5 times a week - they won't all be reviews, as once I return to school (teacher not student) I'll be too busy to read as much as I've managed over Christmas, but I figure I have to be able to keep things going by providing some interesting content.
3. Comment on other people's blogs as often as possible - I love comments, so it would be seriously ungrateful not to leave nice ones for some of the outstanding bloggers out there when I enjoy something they've taken the time to write.
4. Take part in some memes - I've really enjoyed doing the two posts as part of the Persnickety Snark FIVE challenge and will try and make sure I'm doing more of them over the coming year.
5. Remember to reread some of my favourites and review them - that was originally going to be a strong focus of this blog but so far have only done 2 compared to 5 I've read for the first time, and my next couple will probably be first timers as well. However, I want to open people's eyes to some of the fantastic books they may have missed in the past. Current plans are to do at least 5 of the following in the next few months.
- Black Hearts in Battersea
- The Dark Is Rising
- The Great Gatsby
- Remember Me To Harold Square
- The Turbulent Term of Tyke Tyler
- Can You Sue Your Parents for Malpractice
- Finding Cassie Crazy
- Ballet for Drina
- Feeling Sorry For Celia
- I Capture The Castle
- Damaris at Dorothy's
- Thirteen Reasons Why
- The Chocolate War
- How I Live Now
- The True Confessions of Charlotte Doyle
- The Dark Knight Returns
- Jennings at School
- To Kill A Mockingbird
- The Chalet School In Exile
- One of the Sadler's Wells series
- One of the Abbey Girls series
Would love to hear other people's resolutions, and if any of your favourites are on the list above, feel free to let me know and it may make me reread it faster!
Post a Comment